Friday, March 21, 2008

My Space

It was interesting to see My Space. I actually thought it would be sort of like a yearbook with pictures and some information and then if you were invited, you would go into an account and see more. Imagine my surprise!!

I can see why some large libraries would utilize this because so many young people spend so much time on these sites. I most likely will never again venture onto one of these sites. I don't think I would use this in my library. But I am glad to be experiencing so many of these sites that I have heard about, and so many that I had never heard of. It is good to be at least a little up on what is going on. I suppose in no time, this will be a drop in the bucket to what else is out there.

I do see pictures, words, etc. that I think are inappropriate and feel bad to see that it is considered "normal" by many people.

I likes some of the reviews I read about books. And spent some time on the Hennepin County Library My Space page.

No comments: