Monday, February 18, 2008

#10

I edited the 23 Things on a Stick wiki. I changed the title by using color and a different font, as well as changing the size. I also added a paragraph to an existing sentiment about someone's wish to have the 23 things grouped for certain librarians that it would pertain to more. My response was in italics and was followed with my initials.

I think that wikis are a great tool, and I loved the video clip showing a good use for them. I do caution my school to use wikipedia carefully since I know of people who have purposely changed statements so others couldn't get information (this pertained to a trivia contest---and not wanting others to get the information as quickly as they found it).

I also noticed that one of the wikis I looked at for this assignment stated that there had been too much vandalism on their wiki so now one must log in to edit it. That is unfortunate.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Aah...but so common...especially if they are related to a school.

I myself have mixed feeling about Wikis...but the verdict isn't out yet!

Cindy Gruwell
CMLE 23 Things